Wednesday 29 February 2012

Film and Music

Card for 23 year old male ARHH!!!
But my great nephew is in to films and music so this is the theme for his card. Using a My Craft Studio CD, I searched for something to use and found the clapper board and film strip, picture and music note as images.
Using a 7x5 card base I applied a base layer of blue paper leaving a narrow white edge around.
Taking the film strip etc image I shrunk it down, tiled it and using the opacity tool made it very pale.  Cutting a square of this background, I matted it on to white. and placed it at an angle on the card. I also cut a strip of the patteren paper matted on white and added a narrower strip of the background blue along the centre and placed along the lower edge  of the card.
The 2 images I put together and grouped on the computer, copying and pasteing several times to cut layeres for decoupage.
Peel off musical notes, the words Film and Music and the Birthday greeting were added to finish the card

Jean x

3 comments:

  1. Very nice and agree men's card's are so hard and is it worth it putting alot of time and effort into a card for them,,,NO i dont think so they only have a quick look and that's it xxd

    ReplyDelete
  2. Arhh!! Is a word we always seem to use when making a 'man' card lol..
    But they always turn out right in the end....Because it's all his favourite
    things....He will LOve it.
    Chrissyxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chrissy, nice to see you following

      Delete